Friday, July 11, 2008

One week!


Emma is now past her first week! She had her IV taken out today. So we are very excited about that. She is pretty much off of everything but the monitors and the feeding tube. She is now on full feedings so no more nutrients from the IV. So hopefully she will start to gain a little of her weight back, and maybe we can start doing nutritive feedings pretty soon. But she just likes to fall asleep whenever Mom and Dad are holding her. The extra lights might come off tomorrow if her bilirubin goes down, and maybe she will be a little more responsive. But she is doing really well and is slowly making progress. I am looking forward to her coming home!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

So happy to hear that she is doing so well! That picture is so precious!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL!! It is so good to hear she is doing so well! Miracles! :o) I hope you are getting back on your feet too Mandy...and Ian :o) Can't wait to hear more good news!

Kathy said...

She is adorable! The bow looks really cute. Keep up the good work, she will be home before you know it:)

denny said...

I am so excited for you. Thanks for the phone call. I finally found the link to your blog so that I can keep up.

Bishop Fillmore

the milners said...

She looks like a little angel in that picture! You're getting there, Emma!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Wow, what an experience you've had and your baby. I'm happy she is doing so well and it sounds like you are too, or at least as well as you can just having gone through a major ordeal. Well our babies almost had the same birthday. As you were having yours I was having intense contractions. Congratulations to all three of you guys; I'm excited to hear more.